The greatest gift which distinguishes the human and the animal is the mind. Activities in the mind is processed in the brain. The brain appears to look like a walnut to me. It always interest me to know more about the human brain and how it works. My first non fiction book has got something to do with making use of the fullest potential of the brain. By understanding the human brain, it can aid my little clients better in their learning.
Some facts about the Human Brain.
- Brain weighs 3 pounds
- Brain pays conscious attention 1 at a time
- Brain needs time to think
- Brain thinks in chunks hence there is a need to make connection
- Brain remembers best that which comes first and second best that which comes last
- Brain remembers well after repetition 3 times...repetition enhances memory retention
- Brain learns best when it is not in high stress
- Brain learns best when they are actively engaged
- Brain learns best when facts and skills are related to life experiences
- The one who talks more grows more dendrites in the brain..talking helps in memory.
- Attention span of the brain is approximately equal to a person's age..20 mins is the maximum time to engage the brain
- Emotions gives an impact to the brain
- 7 is the average number of facts/activities which the adult brain can hold
Some brain-compatible lessons
- Writing - helps to organise the things in the brain
- Visual - visual content leaves greater impact for children
- Discussion - talking grows more dendrites in the brain
- Humour - laughter puts the brain in positive state which promotes learning
- Use of manipulatives - engages the brain
- Graphic organizer - helps the brain to make connections of information learnt
Ros.R's sanity check..1/10...need to grow more dendrites
2 comments:
Let's see...
1)I talk a lot...
2)I laugh a lot...
3)I repeat myself a lot..
4)I am very emo...
5)I engage myself and others in engaging conversations and/or activities...
How come I am still not intelligent?*hmmmmmmm.....*
Haha! My brains are fried lah...no wonder!
You are pretty intelligent to me..;)
But really, I admire those whom always have something to say..topics after topics..I am more of a thinker and reflector rather than a speaker. Think I need to start multiplying my dendrites!
Post a Comment