Saturday, January 07, 2006

Politics

I was actually looking forward to the new year cause it is going to be a fresh start. New environment, new colleagues and new stakeholders to start with. So...when my previous superiors called to arrange for a meeting, it reminded me of the unsettled matter from the past. As much as I dread seeing them again, I have to do so inorder to get myself heard. Everyone has a voice. But not everyone is willing to come forward to get himself heard when he knows that he has been unfairly judged..especially when it involves his rice bowl. I am very sure that am the last person they thought would come forward to stand up against their decision. BUT when my conscious is clear and I have evidences to support that there are somethings they've "missed", I will come out from my shell to speak.
And so, when I entered the room, its me alone Vs the decision of the panel. It appeared to be an open conversation where they gave me a chance to support my words. However, as I tried to do so, they lead me to realise that there is a misconception of understanding on my part. After I came out from the room, I still believe I have a case to fight but they do also have a point. Then, this morning it hit me hard that I have just been smoked...AGAIN! It is not right for them to make comparison of me with others whom are doing the same job scope. Instead, whats written in the book is .... it should have been comparison of me with those whom are in the same grade as myself. Blame it on my unalertness and ignorance!
I have never liked politcs...not even inter-countries politics. However as long as one is dealing with people, politics is inevitable. That is why, my priority has always been my family cause politics is never in their dictionary.
Nevertheless, I know that at least I have tried. I realise that...to know these administrative issues at my fingertips are never to be taken for granted cause I will never know when the knowledge comes in handy.
The verdict of it all, I shall leave it to HIM.
Ros' sanity check: 8.5/10..outz

No comments: