Monday, September 15, 2008

Revelation

I was in Wonderland. Then this was revealed to me. It answered my wondering thoughts of..had the Prophet ever encountered anger in his life? The excerpt was after the Battle of Uhud..
The Prophet now led his Companions down into the plain. Harith ibn as-Simmah had been sent on ahead to look for the body of Hamzah, but when he found him, he was so appalled at the sight and having to tell the Prophet that he did not at once return, and 'Ali was sent after him. He found Harith standing aghast by the mutilated body, and they both returned together.
When the Prophet saw what had been done he said:
"Never yet have I felt more anger than now I feel; and when next God giveth me a victory over Quraysh I will mutilate thirty of their dead."

But soon after this there came the Revelation:
"If ye inflict punishment, then inflict only so much as ye have suffered; but if ye endure patiently, that is better for the patient."

And not only did he not fulfill his threat, but he expressly forbade mutilation after every battle. Moreover, as regards the fighting itself, he told them to respect the human face as being the most godlike part of the body: "When one of you striketh a blow, let him avoid striking the face...for God created Adam in His image."

Muhammad - his life based on the earliest source
Matin Lings

Ros.R snaps out from Wonderland

P.S...There is something else I believe..the incident above has nothing got to do about highlighting the imperfection of the character of a man whom Allah educates and protects. However the incident would be a cause for the Revelation which acts as guidance for his Ummah when we found ourselves to be in an alike state.

2 comments:

Lampu said...

mmm. Embuuuuun. Seeeeeee. I have every right to be ANGRY!
An eye for an eye! hehe
NURR... how's the cheese cake my dear? :)

Mawardewi said...

Back to the issue of anger. I did not come across anything which said that the Prophet was in any state of anger for whats against him. The excerpt above was for what others had done to other people.

Lemau dear dear...lets learn to make cheese cake too, ok? I have yet to get the cheese cake ingredients and have to ask lots of qns from the experience, Dew. Shall keep you babes updated!